Do you believe in open relationship? Are you looking for ways to make it work out? Then this article is for you and will help you in a lot of ways:
Handling jealousy is one of the primary aspects of handling an open relationship. It is quite obvious that your partner will feel jealous at times and you will feel the same too, you both need to sit down and discuss this, many times the men will start booking escorts and finding girls at clubs, to find out how upset the partner gets! Though both of you have agreed to accept the terms of the relationship, you may feel jealous at some point of time (for instance, when you find your partner getting too intimate with a third party). You must be mature enough to deal with such situations and only then can you consider yourself to be fit for an open relationship.
You should have good control over yourself so that even if you face strong attractions from the others, you will sincerely remain committed to your partner. Also, certain things must be clarified from the beginning, such as whether you two are cool with having sex with others or want to limit it to the level of dating and texting. So make rules with respect to what you are allowed to do and with whom you will feel free doing it.
There should be a good practice of reciprocity and everything should be mutual. So whatever you do, you should also be cool if he or she does the same. Also, let your friends know about your decision. This doesn’t mean that you will have to make a formal announcement, just make sure that everyone knows that you people are in an open relationship so that confusions can be avoided at every step. The entire idea is about keeping things simple and not to complicate the whole matter. Enjoy being in an open relationship while ensuring that both you and your partner belong to each other at the end of the day!
Human relationships are probably the most arbitrary stuff that you could ask for in this world; their strange means and ends seem to puzzle us constantly. Love relationships are the most sacred and can be at the same time, most damned! It is fascinating to witness how it is praised and booed alike by the society. One such problematic forms of love is the open relationship type, that will be filled with one night stands, escorts or girls picked up from clubs.
It is ok to feel cooped up in love: psychologists say that even the ones who are deeply in love feel so. In fact it is human instinct that his attention drifts away even after being in happily-ever-after commitments! This is when some people decide to loosen the noose a bit. This is called an open relationship. But do they really work?
- First and foremost, whether a relationship will work or not depends entirely upon the people involved in it. Just as if a couple is monogamous does not imply that they are happy, similarly a couple in an open relationship does not mean that they are cheating on each other.
- In fact, it is just the opposite. Maintaining an open relationship with a companion requires an extreme level of fidelity. Without deep, mutual understanding, it is not possible to return to the same person over and over again. It requires true commitment.
- Open relationships work best as a litmus test for the jaded relationship. If you go out with other people, and compare and contrast them with your partner, you can be sure if your relationship is truly going to work out for you or not.
- Open relationship seems to work out fine for people who like each other, but are not ready to commit yet. In this way, they hang out with each other to seek for compatibility and to test the grounds for a future solid relationship. This is a pretty easy-breezy and scientific option to follow.
- These kinds of relationships also seem to suit the very busy people- people who are forever on the run and cannot spare time for the partner. Through an open relationship, they seem to derive emotional as well as sexual succor. Many celebrities today can be found to adopt this policy as it is convenient for them and suits their hectic lifestyle. For example, the popular Cuban rapper Pitbull is confessedly into an open relationship because he simply doesn’t have time.
- The issue of sexual promiscuity is also a key factor in this kind of relationship. Many new-age couples today are leaning towards open relationships because they find sleeping with the same person over and over again quite boring. So if both the parties concerned are ok with it, there will be no issues.
Lastly it should be remembered that any kind of relationship will work-open or closed so long as you are willing to make it work. Who knows, it might just mend your frayed relationship miraculously!